late summer break

 
 
 
I'm back .... after after an unscheduled blogging break, due to a flurry of late summer hols activity which saw mr digandweed and me visiting mr fudge in the west country and then weekending in London.

 
We joined mr fudge and his crew for a trip along the Gloucester and Sharpness canal to Gloucester docks where we discovered a number of beautiful tall ships ready for the filming of Tim Burton's new film Alice Through the Looking Glass. No sign though of Johnny Depp....
 
 
 
We visited the lovely city of Bath and...


 
 
 
..  glimpsed a beautiful sunset in the seaside town of Clevedon.

 
 

 
And had a great weekend in London.
 
 
 
And so the summer hols draw to a close and September is almost here.
Almost more than January, the month of September, seems to signal to me a new start. 
It is forever associated with the beginning of the school year. A feeling which has stayed with me from school, through university and even when I was teaching.
This year that feeling of anticipation is greater than ever. For months now excitement has been growing chez fenland lottie, for we have some very exciting news.
 In a very few weeks from now mr digandweed and I are to be grandparents for the first time!
Lovely daughter number 1 and her husband are expecting their first child in mid October and I cannot tell you how thrilled we are!
 
 
 


Comments

  1. Such lovely news about your grandchild. I always feel September heralds a new start too. Always a teacher I suppose.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an exciting time for you and many congratulations to your daughter. I grew up just a few miles away from Clevedon so a wonderful post to read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. It's a small world! I grew up near Bath. Clevedon is a nice little town with a very pretty pier isn't it. I'm glad to see the pier has been renovated and is now open again.

      Delete
  3. There is something very thrilling about a new baby, especially one in the family. A tranche of my younger friends are expecting and I've been practicing some babysitting with a little one. I didn't realise how challenging it is to get out and about with these large modern buggies which are rather like 4x4s on the pavements of a busy city like London. Still lulls the baby to sleep though, so not all bad.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I shall have to start practising with a buggy again!!

      Delete
  4. There is nothing more exciting that a grandchild brings, congratulations.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Many congratulations! And what lovely photos of your travels, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful news and congratulations to you all. Such a good idea to get a holiday in before all the grandparent-y stuff starts!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your pictures are beautiful and your summer was full of adventures. But the greatest adventure is just round the corner: a new grand-child. How utterly wonderful!

    Stephanie

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment