summer hols

So we have been away for a few days, Mr digandweed and I. To Yorkshire, where
we stayed in a beautiful airbnb in Filey.


 And Yorkshire blessed us with some lovely sunny weather!


Filey is a quiet little seaside town with a golden sandy beach, some very elegant, Regency buildings, pretty gardens, a bandstand and fish and chips! Everything you could wish for in fact!



Using Filey as our base, we also visited Robin Hoods bay with its tumble of cottages nestled into the steep coastline and further up the coast, the busy fishing port of Whitby, birthplace of Dracula.

Robin Hoods Bay


Whitby harbour

And one evening we drove south along the coast to the rugged cliffs of Flamborough and scrambled down the rocks to the sea. 

Flamborough head

Also on our list of places to visit was Scampston Walled Garden.
Stunningly beautiful gardens designed by Piet Oudolf, gold medal and best in show winner at Chelsea in 2000.
The garden at Scampston with its drifts of herbaceous perennials and flowing grasses was just gorgeous.



Apologies that this post is rather heavy on photos, but I must leave you with just one more - a photo of mr digandweed  running along Filey beach at sunrise on our last morning there.


Comments

  1. Sounds blissful. Your photographs are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You certainly captured the beauty if a wonderful break away, Its been few years since we visited but loved the beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to hear you enjoyed your stay in my neck of the woods (well, I'm a bit further up the north east coast). Brilliant picture of your mister (which you've obviously taken and I'm assuming you were also out running!).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yorkshire was lovely! It was the first time we had really spent anytime there (dreadful I know!) and I thought of you and thought perhaps you were a bit further north. Glad you like the photo of the mister. I did indeed take it but I was only walking along the beach. I 'forgot' to take my running things! Well, it was a holiday after all :)

      Delete

Post a Comment