the late summer garden




 August is coming to an end and the heat of a few weeks ago has dissipated. There is a hint of Autumn in the air.
 Not that I mind. I like the onset of Autumn
My pale skin  means I have never enjoyed extreme heat. The gentle warmth of Spring and Autumn are much more my thing.

In the garden, there are signs of the changing seasons. The fresh lush green growth of Spring has faded. In its place come russets and browns. The odd crinkly brown leaf, a withered stem, indicators of what is to come.




And on the allotment, the Rosette apples are ready to pick.
A delicious, crisp, sweet eating apple.
They are not perfect specimens, it has to be said, but what's a blemish or two between friends!





The plums, other than those that have been transformed into jam or tucked up in the freezer have been consumed.
My breakfast for the past week or so has been softly stewed plums with creamy yoghurt, a sprinkle of nuts and seeds and a drizzle of maple syrup.
Delicious!


The past couple of weeks have been very busy.
Aside from tending the garden and lottie, we have been helping lovely daughter and her husband move house.
 I have been on duty helping to pack, clean.
Mr digandweed was allocated the important job of entertaining Tiny Girlie and keeping her out of mischief!

I'm looking forward to a slightly quieter week ahead!
Hoping your week is a good one.

annjenny
x









Comments

  1. Despite the sunshine this morning there is a definite feel of autumn in the air which like you, I really don't mind. I hope you have a quieter week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, there's a definite shift in the air, heralding the start of another autumn. Love it! Hope the family are settling into their new home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't even mind the fact that the nights are drawing in! Daughter and her husband are settling in well. They have moved from the middle of a town to a much more rural area, so quite a change. Tiny Girlie is a little confused though. She keeps talking about their 'normal' house :)

      Delete

Post a Comment