About time!


 It's a while since I posted on here. Eight weeks or more. It's about time I posted again!  But that's one of the funny things about time; you turn your back for a minute or two and then find that weeks have flown by and summer is drawing slowly to an end.

So how are things? Good I hope.


It's plum harvest time again here.

 This year, despite the fact that the plum tree was full of blossom in the spring, we have only a few bowlfuls of fruit. They are delicious though and if I'm honest, it's a slight relief from the over-abundance of previous years. There are still six jars of plum jam in the cupboard from last summer!



So, we have been enjoying plums ripe from the tree, just as they are....though I did make a cake too. A variation of one of my favourites, a golden oldie, which I have been baking, in one form or another, for years now-a chocolate, plum and cinnamon cake/pudding type thing.








We ate it dusted with icing sugar and with dollops of crème fraîche on the side.
If you get a chance to try it, I hope you enjoy it too.


Speak soon

Annie 
x


Comments

  1. I noticed a complete absence of plums on a tree near here this year, although the cherry plums are doing well. Lots of apples and pears here though, so I can't complain. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment