Spinach and feta filo pie .....and my book is published!





Something is eating the courgettes on our allotment ... and it's not us. 
By eating, I don't mean a small nibble here and there, I mean serious chomping.
 Every single courgette eaten right down to the stem. 
Now, I don't mind sharing, but ....
Detective-like, I was searching the allotment for, ahem...poo;  clues to the identity of the courgette thief,
but it was our allotment neighbour who solved the mystery for us. Very early one morning, he spotted a small muntjac feasting himself on our produce.
Evidently, it had emerged from the hedge which runs alongside our allotment, through a hole in the gate to our plot and was enjoying a hearty breakfast.
Mr digandweed has now mended the gate, but too late I fear. The phrase 'shutting the stable door after the horse has bolted' comes to mind!
I suppose that's one way of avoiding a courgette glut!

So with no courgettes to cook with, I turned to spinach and made a Spinach and Feta Filo Pie.
Crispy layers of filo pastry enclosing a tasty filling.










And I am thrilled to say that my book is published: a two year project which started in the summer of 2020, in the middle of the Coronavirus the pandemic.
It really is a dream come true!





Speak soon
Annie
x






 

Comments

Post a Comment