June


June 1st and it really seems like summer is here!
Temperatures reached 25c today.
It was a lunch-in-the-garden type day and if you are looking for quick and easy lunch inspo, may I suggest this rice and bean bowl.


It was a 'make it up as you go along' type recipe.
I added a tin of black beans to some cooked and drained brown rice, then whilst it was still warm stirred in a dressing made from balsamic vinegar, olive oil, sun dried tomato paste and salt and pepper.
Next were lots of chopped fresh herbs from the garden, coriander, parsley, mint and basil.
Then some seasonal veggies: raw grated courgette ( which I squeezed in a clean tea towel to remove excess water)  and cherry tomatoes.
To finish, a squeeze 
of lime juice and a sprinkle of chilli flakes.





Mr digandweed and I ate this as it was with a green salad, but it would be really good with cooked chicken, or maybe feta or halloumi cheese or even a fried egg.


We are on holiday next week, with a few days booked in an airbnb in the Peak District 
and a visit to the rhs Chatsworth Flower Show.

Hoping for more lovely weather!

Speak soon.

Annie
x




Comments

  1. It looks delicious. I hope you have a good holiday, Chatworth will no doubt be glorious. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. The forecast for our day at Chatsworth is a bit iffy- but I’ve got my wellies ready!

      Delete
  2. That dish looks right up my street so will definitely be giving it a try. Enjoy your holiday. Take lots of pictures!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Liz. I love these sort of meals at the moment. And you can vary the ingredients to suit .

      Delete
  3. Looks delicious. Hope you have a wonderful break away.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment