a summer soup...

It's still June, though you could be mistaken for thinking otherwise.
Such is our uncertain British weather, that just as summer starts, the temperatures plummet to a decidedly chilly 12c.
Soup seemed to be the order of the day, but not a chunky, hearty winter soup; a delicate, light, creamy soup, which at least seemed more befitting for a June day.
This cream of chicken soup with tarragon and lemon is a favourite, adapted from a book I highly recommend -The New Covent Garden Soup Company's Book Of Soups.
( The book is quite old now, first published in 1996, but can be bought online for less than £5 which I think is a bargain)



I had the leftovers from a roast chicken in the fridge, so I saved some of it for this recipe and made stock with the carcass, but it is equally good made with bought chicken or vegetable stock.





If you try the recipe, I hope you enjoy it as much as we do here at Fenland Lottie.

Stay safe and speak soon.

Annie

x


Comments

  1. I like the sound of this soup. I wonder if almond yoghurt would work in place of single cream for a dairy-free version. I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could certainly try. I’d be interested to know how it works.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment