Christmas is coming ....

 

You know it's almost Christmas when the December issue of Country Living magazine drops onto the supermarket shelves ....and I can never resist its lure!

It's the impossibly beautiful country cottages decked out with gorgeous decorations, the wonderful snowy landscapes and the delicious festive food which I find irresistible!

Christmas may look different this year and celebrations might be more subdued but the desire to find joy and hope remain the same and people, it seems, are still determined to celebrate in some form or other.

How are your Christmas preparations going? 

Are they in full swing?

 No festive lights or decorations here yet, especially as I read somewhere recently that one of Santa's elves dies every time a Christmas decoration is put up in November ...and I certainly don't want to be responsible for the demise of Santa's helpers!

But getting ahead and preparing festive food is perfectly acceptable, so I will be making the Christmas cake later this week.

And returning to the subject of the Country Living magazine, my eye was caught by a recipe for Pumpkin and Apricot chutney, which looked like a delicious way of using some of the squash grown on the allotment earlier in the year and a perfect Boxing Day accompaniment to cold turkey and ham.




It was a relatively quick and easy recipe and if you have a copy of the magazine then I can recommend it.


Speak soon

Annie

x





 

Comments

  1. Like you, we have no decorations yet (choosing a tree tomorrow), but sticking strictly to lockdown (for obvious reasons) has resulted in a Christmas pudding, a Christmas cake and a couple of jars of Nigella's Christmas chutney being made. I've also read the Country Living festive issue and knitted half a dog. I think I've surpassed myself!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You definitely have surpassed yourself! I've been wondering how you are getting on- sending best wishes and an early festive hug x

      Delete
  2. Goodness, I had no idea about the elves, they must be dropping like flies this year. I shall look out for the magazine, the chutney sounds delicious. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, so many decorations already up around here - I fear for the poor little elves!

      Delete
  3. I’m another one who cannot resist the lure of the Christmas edition of Country Living too. So pleased i’ve Not contributed to the demise of any elves too! There do seem a lot of early Christmas decorations up this year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I think people are trying to cheer themselves up - lots of people around here already have their lights up. Obviously, they don't know about the elves!

      Delete
  4. Some Christmas lights appearing round here too. They obviously don't know about the elves either. I stick it out till a few days before Christmas! Your chutney sounds delicious and the colour is gorgeous. We're still eating our way through jars of green tomato chutney but I'm tempted by yours.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We've just put our tree and lights up now - just in time for H's birthday! Chutney is a must isn't it! I remember how mum loved it!

      Delete

Post a Comment