Exciting news!


 

I mentioned in my last post that I had been working on a very exciting project and I can now reveal that I have been writing and photographing my very own recipe book!


I cannot tell you how excited I am about this. 

Since a child, I have collected recipes, often torn from magazines and kept in a variety of folders.  About age 8, I went through a phase of searching the backs of food packets ( Stork margarine comes to mind) and writing off for free recipe booklets. Later, in my first year of secondary school, I won a school award and asked for a Good Housekeeping cookery book as my prize. The book still resides on the bookcase.

I now have shelves full of cookery books collected over the years and love nothing better than perusing the recipes and pouring over the delectable photographs.

So back in August 2020, when Jane from Eyrie Press contacted me with the idea of writing a cookbook based on recipes using mainly, but not exclusively, produce from the allotment, it was a dream come true!

The book is now finished and about to be published.

It will be funded through a Kickstarter crowdfunding scheme and I would be thrilled if you were able to support me in this.

Here is a link to a preview page, where you can sign up to be kept informed.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/eyriepress/a-year-in-my-fenland-kitchen-a-cookbook


I hope you don't mind this unashamed plug!

Stay safe and speak soon.

Annie

x


Comments

  1. That's absolutely brilliant news Annie, I'm thrilled for you. And I love that you'll be doing the photos as well, your pictures are always an utter delight. Well done you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much CJ. I'm really excited as you can imagine!

      Delete
  2. How exciting! Well done, you! Your food and bakes always look so delicious and I'm sure the book will fly off the shelves.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Liz - that's very kind. I hope everything is ok with you x

      Delete
  3. How exciting! Congrats to you! Will it be available to purchase here in the US?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Julia. We can ship to the US. I'm thrilled to say that the Kickstarter campaign was a success and exceeded the target, so publication of the book is going ahead. Most of the sales will be via the Kickstarter campaign supporters, but there will probably also be some copies available direct from the publishers Eyrie press www.eyriepress.co.uk so it's worth keeping an eye on their website. Thank you so much for your interest.

      Delete

Post a Comment