Apart from the leeks and parsnips, the allotment is looking a bit bare....
Time, I think, for some plotting and planning.
allotment plan 2013
- the blue rectangles represent the raised beds and show what I will grow where to ensure good crop rotation.
- the 'splodges' down the right hand side are fruit bushes - blackcurrant, gooseberry and rhubarb.
- the 'splodge' at the top is a dwarf plum tree
- the strawberries are already planted out into the new raised beds
- potatoes - I think along with favourites Charlotte, I will try a more unusual variety such as Pink Fir
- After the success of the butternut squash, I might try varieties like Munchkin and Harlequin
Some veggies such as potatoes, green beans and squash are favourites/must-haves, but I have gaps in the above plan for new varieties to try for 2013. I might give chard and celeriac a go.
Does anyone else have any must-have varieties which they grow each year?