pancakes

It's pancake day ( Shrove Tuesday) next week.
I love pancakes; quick, easy, versatile and delicious! My absolute favourites are thin, lacy, delicate crepes. But pancakes come in so many other forms - sweet and savoury, thick and thin.
Here is a recipe for a savoury version.
I had just one or two of the little Butternut squash left from our autumn allotment harvest and this recipe from Jamie Oliver seemed just the thing to use them up.


I added some ground cumin ( about 1tsp) and a little hot smoked paprika (about 1/4 tsp) to the original recipe and served them with a mixed salad with a lemony dressing.


They were very nice.  But, I also need my fix of dainty, crispy edged crepes..


so I will be back with some traditional 'pancake day' pancakes, with lemon and sugar ...or if I have time


some home made Nutella.

Hoping your weekend is a good one.
If you live in the British Isles, hang onto your hats. The wind is fearsome!






annjenny x



Comments

  1. They certainly look delicious. I usually only eat them with a little sugar and lemon. The wind is howling here by the sea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, they look absolutely delicious, what a great idea. I have some squashes left, just a couple. It's been really windy here, and tipping down from the moment I woke up until now (9pm) without stopping even for a minute. More high winds tomorrow and Monday as well. I'm hunkering down. CJ xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE the look of those pancakes, as I am MORE a savoury person than a sweet one! Great idea for using up squash too, happy flipping for Tuesday! Karen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm! They look delicious. For probably about 10yrs I've been to a Pilates class on a Tuesday evening which means we either have to eat pancakes on a different day which seems to miss the point or have them late in the evening ... taking turns to cook them and trying different accompaniments, lemon, maple syrup, banana, jam, marmalade.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment