Cookery geek.

 
 
If you have read my earlier posts, you will know that I am an enthusiast when it comes to reading cookery books and watching cookery programmes and that one of my favourites is Nigel Slater.

Last week, on the spur of the moment, I decided to tweet him a photo of the chocolate beetroot cake which I had made  -  and was beside myself with excitement when a few minutes later he replied to say he was pleased I enjoyed the recipe and that my cake looked 'splendid' ! To be fair, I had noticed that other people tweeted him about recipes they had tried and that he very kindly replied, but this did not detract from my glee!

All of this excitement reminded me of how when I was about 10 I wrote a letter to Fanny Cradock. At the time, there were hardly any cookery programmes on t.v. and Fanny Cradock was one of the few to have her own series. I collected her books and the articles from the Daily Telegraph and was an avid viewer of her programmes. It never occurred to me then that it was a bit odd to be cooking whilst dolled up to the nines in ballgown and pearls!

Therefore, imagine my delight as a 10 year old, when I received a reply to my letter, complete with signature!







So as you can see, some things never change! I'm still the same cookery geek, writing to my culinary heroes - just the means of communication has changed!

 

Comments

  1. Well I never knew that! You should frame and display the letter in the kitchen!! Can't quite read it on here- what is the gist? X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It thanks me for my letter saying how much I enjoyed her programmes and explains about a new Christmas series to be on t.v. and a series of articles in the Daily Telegraph! x

      Delete

Post a Comment